Getting a monitor wall mount for your home office is the next logical step when it comes to creating a better work space.
Monitor wall mounts are designed to hold and support a flat panel display – or multiple flat panel displays – in your home office or work space.
Or curved displays.
They also come with of different features that address different mounting scenarios:
- Wall-mounting brackets
- Mounting hardware
- Locking mechanisms
- Cable management systems
- Adjustable height stands
- and more.
Some of these features may be optional depending on what type of wall mount you choose.
In this article I’m covering all this and more and will tell you why each type of mount is great for certain types of users.
If you’re looking for a new monitor wall mount, then read on!
Real quick, before we get too far into it here, if you want to get more great ideas for your gaming room or home office and want to connect with other home office hackers to make your space the best join my free private Facebook group, Home Office Hacks here.
Which Monitor Wall Mount Is Best For Me?
The best monitor wall mount for you and your workspace is the one that fits your monitor (or monitors), one that has the weight capacity that can carry your monitors easily, has the features you need (like cable management) and works best for you.
There’s no right answer here because there are so many factors that go into choosing the right monitor wall mount for you, but let’s start by taking a look at the most common questions people ask about monitor wall mounts.
What Is A Monitor Wall Mount And Why Would You Want One?
A monitor wall mount is a device that allows you to securely attach your monitor to a wall. There are several benefits of using a monitor wall mount, including the following:
- monitor wall mounts arms allow you to free up desk space.
- monitor wall mounts help to reduce screen glare by repositioning your displays.
- monitor wall mounts can be adjusted to provide the optimal viewing angle.
- monitor wall mounts can be used to create a really creative multi-monitor setup.
If you are looking for a way to maximize your desk space, reduce screen glare, or create a custom multi-monitor setup, then a monitor wall mount may be the perfect solution for you.
Types Of Monitor Wall Mounts
There are different types of monitor wall mounts available on the market.
You can choose from monitor wall mounts arms, monitor wall mounts with articulating arms, or monitor wall mounts with tilting heads.
Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Generic monitor wall mounts are great for saving space, but they can be difficult to adjust.
Monitor wall mounts with articulating arms are a little more expensive, but they offer more flexibility in terms of movement.
Monitor wall mounts with tilting heads are the most expensive option, but they allow you to adjust the monitor to the perfect viewing angle.
Whichever type of monitor wall mount you choose, make sure that it is compatible with your monitor size and weight.
How To Choose The Best Monitor Wall Mount For Your Needs
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the best monitor wall mount for your needs.
First, consider the size and weight of your monitor.
Heavy duty monitor wall mounts are designed for larger, heavier monitors, while lighter duty mounts may be suitable for smaller monitors. It’s important to know the difference because if you get a heavy duty large wall mount it can protrude from the back of your display, and that won’t look very good.
Conversely, if you get one that’s too small, you can end up with a monitor that sags and has undesirable movements over time causing you to constantly readjust it to get it into the right position.
Second, think about the VESA mounting pattern on your computer monitor.
VESA mounts are a universally adopted system, but they come in a variety of sizes, so you’ll need to make sure that the mount you choose is compatible with your monitor.
Finally, take into account the type of mount you need. Fixed monitor wall mounts provide a stable, secure mount for your monitor, while articulating mounts allow you to adjust the position of your monitor for optimal viewing.
With these factors in mind, you can narrow down your options and choose the best monitor wall mount for your needs.
Quick Installation Tips
So you’ve finally decided to take the plunge and get a monitor wall mount.
But before you start drilling holes in your wall, there are a few things you need to know.
First, you’ll need to make sure that your monitor is compatible with a monitor wall mount. Most monitors have what’s called a “VESA mounting pattern,” which is a standardized mounting system for flat panel computer monitors and TVs.
However, some monitors may not have a vesa mount, so it’s important to check before you buy a monitor wall mount.
A good example of this is an Apple iMac. As great as these computers are they are not compatible with VESA mounting systems. If you want to mount a Mac, you’ll have to get a specially designed device.
Second, you’ll need to decide what kind of monitor wall mount you want.
There are single monitor mounts and dual monitor mounts available.
Single monitor mounts are great if you only have one monitor, but dual monitor mounts allow you to angle two monitors side-by-side, giving you more screen real estate.
Finally, you’ll need to decide where you want to install your monitor wall mount. Most mounts come with hardware so that you can install them into drywall or studs.
However, if you’re not comfortable drilling into your walls, there are also monitor stands that can be attached on top of your desk.
No matter which route you choose, following these tips will help ensure that your monitor wall mount installation goes smoothly.
Benefits Of Using A Monitor Wall Mount
There are plenty of reasons to invest in a monitor wall mount.
For starters, it frees up valuable desk space.
If you’re tired of your monitor taking up precious real estate on your desk, a monitor wall mount is a great way to free up some space.
Additionally, monitor wall mounts can provide greater flexibility when it comes to positioning your monitor. With a monitor wall mount, you can adjust the height, angle, and distance of your monitor to better suit your needs which can make a huge difference in your ergonomic comfort level in your home office.
And if you opt for a monitor wall mount with arms, you’ll enjoy even more flexibility. So if you’re looking for a way to improve the ergonomics of your workstation or simply want to free up some desk space, getting a monitor wall mount is the way to go.
Best Monitor Wall Mounts On The Market Today
Monitor wall mounts provide a number of benefits for computer users, including freeing up desk space and improved ergonomics as well as a variety of adjustment options, including height adjustment, tilt, and swivel.
If you’re looking for a monitor wall mount that can handle smaller monitors, larger monitors, or multiple monitors, I’ve got you covered.
Mount-It! Small Monitor Wall Mount
This wall mount that fits one computer screen or television 19-32 inch screens in size with a maximum support weight of 44 pounds each using the 75x75mm or 100x100mm VESA square bolt hole pattern found on the back of the tv/monitor. This mount can be used with any brand of television or PC monitor so long as it has the VESA mounting holes.
Mount-It! MI-2829 Small TV Monitor Wall Mount | RV TV Mount | VESA Wall Mount | Fits 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 32 Inch Screens | 75 100 VESA Compatible | Low-Profile Slim Design | 44lb Capacity
- SMALL TV MONITOR WALL MOUNT Fits one computer screen or television 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 inches in size with a maximum support weight of 44 pounds each using the 75x75mm or 100x100mm VESA square bolt hole pattern found on the back of the tv/monitor Mounts to a single stud on the wall
- FEATURES VESA Wall Mount is low profile (2 4 inches away from the wall) and has a slim design and allows the screen to tilt 12 degrees down and swivel 30 degrees to left and right Its sturdy construction holds up to a whopping 44 pounds!
WALI TV Articulating Monitor Arm
The WALI TV wall mount is a full motion heavy duty articulating monitor arm that can extend, tilt and rotate your TV for better viewing flexibility. This mount places the TV just 2 inches from the wall to enhance the look of ultra-thin LED TVs. The arm extends up to 15″ from the wall for space saving. Install this mount on any vertical wood studs, brick or concrete walls (Do NOT install on drywall alone). It fits most 13-30 inch flat panel displays weighing up to 33 lbs with VESA 75x75mm & 100x100mm mounting patterns.
WALI TV Wall Mount Articulating LCD Monitor Full Motion 15 inch Extension Arm Tilt Swivel for Most 13 to 30 inch LED TV Flat Panel Screen with VESA up to 100x100mm (1330LM), Black
- Compatibility: Full motion heavy duty wall mount for most 13 to 30 inches flat panel display up to 33lbs, with VESA 75x75mm to 100x100mm. Detail: 75x75mm(3”x3”),100x100mm(4”x4”).
- Fully Adjustable: +/-15 degrees tilt; 180 degrees swivel and 360 degrees rotate for better-viewing flexibility.
Mounting Dream Full Motion Monitor Wall Mount
Mounting Dream’s Full Motion Monitor Wall Mount is designed for 10-27 inch TVs and monitors up to 33 lbs, with VESA/mounting hole spacing of 100 x 100mm. The mount tilts 15° and swivels left or right according to your seat position, and extends out to 13.6″ and retracts back to 2.6″. This allows you to move your display in any direction you please. The MD2463 Full Motion TV wall mounts are perfectly compatible with brands like TCL, Samsung,SONY, VIZIO, LG, etc.
Mounting Dream Full Motion Monitor Wall Mount TV Bracket for 10-26 Inch LED, LCD Flat Screen TV and Monitor, TV Mount with Swivel Articulating Arm, Monitor Mount Up to VESA 100x100mm and 33LBS MD2463
- TV Mount Compatibility: TV/ monitor wall mount fits for most 10″, 12″, 13″, 14″, 15″, 16″, 17″, 19″, 20″, 24″ TVs and monitors up to 33 LBS, with max VESA/mounting holes spacing of 100 x 100mm.
- Space Saving: Viewing becomes more comfortable. Tilts display up 15° and down 15° to reduce glare, swivels display left or right according to your seat position. Pull out to 13.6” and retract back to 2.6”, making your display alive to move.
Mount-It! Dual Monitor Wall Mount Arms
Mount-It’s Dual Monitor Wall Mount Arms are the perfect way to mount two screens 13-27 inches in size and 14.3 pounds or less in weight. The arms have a VESA bolt hole pattern of 75x75mm or 100x100mm, making them compatible with most computer screens. The arms are made of sturdy steel and have a gas spring system for easy adjustment. They can tilt, swivel, raise and lower, and rotate 360 degrees for landscape mode or portrait mode.
VIVO Dual Monitor Bracket Mount
Looking for a dual monitor mount that is both compatible and low-profile and stylish? Look no further than the VIVO Dual VESA Bracket Adapter! This bracket adapter was designed to mount two 13″-27″ computer monitors weighing up to 22 pounds each, and it fits VESA 75x75mm & 100x100mm mounting holes. The curved horizontal array creates the perfect viewing angle for dual monitors, and you can install them in either portrait or landscape shape.
VIVO Dual VESA Bracket Adapter, Horizontal Assembly Mount for 2 Monitor Screens up to 27 inches, MOUNT-VW02A
- Compatibility – Holds 13″ to 27″ computer monitor screens weighing up to 22 pounds each
- VESA – Bracket Adapter designed to mount to an existing single vesa monitor mount or stand. Fits VESA 75x75mm & 100x100mm mounting holes (bracket and mounting bolts included)
Amazon Basics Full Motion Articulating Monitor Wall Mount
This full motion articulating TV wall mount from Amazon Basics fits most 22- to 55-inch computer monitors and TVs and can hold up to 80 pounds. The mount has 15 degrees of tilt for optimal viewing angle, reducing screen glare, and the heavy-duty steel arm extends the TV mount up to 16.3 inches from the wall. The versatile TV wall mount also fits VESA mounting holes from 100×100 to 400x400mm and includes television mount, mounting hardware, and bubble level for easy installation.
Amazon Basics Full Motion Articulating TV Monitor Wall Mount for 22-55 Inch TVs and Flat Panels up to 80 Lbs, Black
- Full motion articulating TV wall mount fits most 22- to 55-inch TVs; holds up to 80 pounds
- 15 degrees of tilt (+10 to -5 degrees) for optimal viewing angle and to reduce screen glare
Pipishell Full Motion TV Monitor Wall Mount Bracket Articulating Wall Mount
The Pipishell Full Motion TV Monitor Wall Mount Bracket Articulating Wall Mount is the perfect wall mount solution for larger computer monitors, especially 13-35 inch ultrawide monitors with VESA patterns between 200x200mm and 600 x 400 mm. This full motion articulating arm mount offers a wide range of movement that extends 14.59″ from the wall and retracts back to 2.7″, making it easy to find the perfect viewing angle for your needs. The mount is also designed to support up to 44 lbs, so you can rest assured that your monitor will be securely mounted on the wall.
Full Motion TV Monitor Wall Mount Bracket Articulating Arms Swivels Tilts Extension Rotation for Most 13-42 Inch LED LCD Flat Curved Screen TVs & Monitors, Max VESA 200x200mm up to 44lbs by Pipishell
- TV Mount Compatibility – TVs wall mount fits SAMSUNG, SONY, LG, VIZIO, TCL, ELEMENT, SCEPTRE, HISENSE and other TV brands between 13 and 42 Inch screen sizes and up to 44 lbs, with max VESA/mounting holes spacing of 200 x 200mm. our Images and video will help you see if this TV/ monitor mount perfectly fits your device in the aspects: VESA, stud location and possible blocked inputs.
- Full Motion for Optimal Viewing – Our articulating arm mount tilts +9°/-11° for anti-glaring, max swivels 90° display left or right according to your seats position (note: max. swivel angle depends on screen size) and rotates 360° for landscape and portrait orientation. It extends 14.59″ and retracts back to 2.7″ to save space. Makes your viewing or working feel more enjoyable!
StarTech Wall Mount Dual Monitor Arm Articulating Ergonomic VESA Wall Mount
StarTech’s Wall Mount Dual Monitor Arm is a great way to save desk space and create an ergonomic work environment. This VESA 75×75/100x100mm compatible mount supports two monitors up to 24″ each and has a wide range of motion for easy alignment. The low profile design makes it perfect for any workspace, and the arm extends 23″ from the wall for easy access.
StarTech.com Wall Mount Dual Monitor Arm Articulating Ergonomic VESA Wall Mount for 2X 24 Displays Synchronized Adjustable Crossbar Tilt/Swivel/Rotate- Double Screen Mount Bracket
- 24 INCH DUAL MONITOR WALL MOUNT: VESA 75×75/100x100mm compatible multi monitor wall mount supports 2 displays up to 24″ (11lb/5kg per screen) w/ synchronized horizontal articulation & crossbar design
- CROSSBAR DESIGN: Secure two computer monitors along the 25.2″ horizontal crossbar; 3 articulating joints along the arm; Low Profile; Arm extends 23″ (585mm) & folds in to 6.5” (165 mm) from the wall
AVLT Dual Monitor Wall Mount
The AVLT Dual Monitor Desk Mount is a heavy duty wall mount for dual monitors. This monitor desk mount fits most of flat screen or curved computer monitors up to 17.6 lb each in weight with VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm mounting holes. Gas spring monitor arm assists height adjustment up to 11″. The monitor can be adjusted using its arm extension and vertically tilt, horizontally swivel, and accommodate either landscape or portrait orientation.
AVLT Dual 13″-32″ Monitor Wall Mount fits Two Flat/Curved Computer Monitor Full Motion Height Swivel Tilt Rotation Adjustable Monitor Arm – VESA/Cable Management
- 【FITS 13″ TO 32″ SCREEN】Dual monitor desk mount fits most of flat/curved computer monitors up to 17.6 lb each in weight with VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm mounting holes.
- 【SAVE VALUABLE SPACE】Lift monitors in the air to regain workspace. The triple bolts heavy duty wall plate can be mounted on a cement wall, brick wall, and wood wall.
MountUp Dual Monitor Wall Mount
MountUp’s Dual Monitor Wall Mount is a sturdy, full-motion mount that fits most flat or curved computer screens up to 32″. The dual arms can each hold 17.6lbs, and the mount can be attached to walls made from wood studs, brick, or concrete. The flexible gas spring monitor arm offers a wide range of movement, allowing you to tilt, swivel, height adjust, and 360-degree rotation of your screen for an optimal viewing angle. This computer monitor mount gets your monitors off the desktop and on to the wall which frees up a ton of room on your workstation.
MOUNTUP Dual Monitor Wall Mount for 2 Max 32 Inch Computer Screen, Silver Polished Aluminium Full Motion Gas Spring Double Monitor Arm, VESA Bracket Support 3.3-17.6lbs, Swivel Monitor Stand Holder
- Universal Monitor Wall Mount – The dual monitor wall mount fits most flat or curved computer screens up to 32″, each arm holds 3.3-17.6lbs, support pc display with VESA pattern 75x75mm and 100x100mm. Designed for wood studs, brick, and concrete walls. NOTE: Not for dry wall alone application.
- Full Motion Dual Monitor Arm – Offer a wide range of movement, the flexible gas spring monitor arm allows your screen to tilt, swivel, height adjust, and 360° rotate from landscape to portrait to find an optimal ergonomic posture, relieve strain on your spine, neck, and shoulders.
A monitor arm or wall mount can provide a number of benefits for your workstation, including freeing up desk space and improved ergonomics.
A monitor wall mount is a great way to save desktop space and keep your monitor organized and protected. There are many different types of monitor wall mounts available, so it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you.
So if you’re in the market for a new monitor arm, be sure to read carefully through what we’ve discussed so you can make sure you’re getting the best monitor wall mount for your situation.
Want to join others who are creating the most amazing home offices and get more tips, tricks and hacks on how to make your home office the best it can be?
Join my brand new free private Facebook group, Home Office Hacks to connect with other home office hackers to make your space the best.