The 8 Best Standing Desks For a Tall Person (6'0" and above)
If you're a taller person (6'0 and above) and are in the market for a standing desk, it can be overwhelming trying to find the right one that fits your needs and accommodates your height.
Last updated on December 12, 2022
If you're a taller person (6'0 and above) and are in the market for a standing desk, it can be overwhelming trying to find the right one that fits your needs and accommodates your height.
Fear not, because we've done the research and found the 4 best standing desks for taller people. These desks offer adjustable height, plenty of space, and key features to make your work experience comfortable and productive. Read on to find out which standing desk is the best fit for you.
The benefits of a standing desk for tall people
If you're a tall person, you know firsthand the struggles of finding furniture and equipment that accommodate your height. A tall standing desk can make all the difference in your work environment, how you feel at the end of your workday and overall health.
Tall standing desks are specifically designed with taller users in mind, offering a height range that accommodates people who are taller than the average height. These desks allow you to work in a comfortable standing position, which can provide numerous health benefits such as improved posture, increased energy levels, and relief from long periods of sitting.
Not only do tall standing desks benefit taller people, but they can also be helpful for those who are shorter. The adjustable height feature allows users of all heights to find the right position for their needs.
Finding the right standing desk for tall people
If you're a tall person, finding a standing desk that accommodates your height is crucial. There are several key factors to consider when shopping for a standing desk, including adjustability, your home or office space, and key features.
Adjustability is key
Adjustable desk, adjustable height desks, and adjustable-height desks all offer the ability to change the height of the desk to suit your needs. Electric height adjustment is another feature to consider, as it allows for smooth and easy adjustments to your standing desk.
Consider your home office or office space
When shopping for a standing desk, think about where you'll be using it. If you have a dedicated home office or work in a traditional office setting, you may have more flexibility in terms of size and style. However, if you have a small space or work in a shared office, you'll want to look for a standing desk that fits your needs and doesn't take up too much room. In this case, a good choice for small spaces would be a desk riser or a standing desk converter that can be placed on top of your existing desk.
What should we think about when buying a standing desk?
In addition to adjustable height, there are other features to consider when finding the right standing desk for tall people.
Physically speaking, the adjustability features, the durability, the motors the desk uses to adjust the height, and of course the look all play important roles when selecting your desk.
Most standing desks are run by dual electric motors to raise and lower the work surface. Whereas others have single motors, and some even are adjusted manually. (1)
A keyboard tray and monitor arm can help to improve your posture and ergonomics while working.
An anti-fatigue mat can also be a great addition, as it can help to reduce fatigue and discomfort while standing for long periods of time.
USB ports and an easy-to-use, discrete control panel can make it easy to adjust your settings, while a cable management tray can help to keep your workspace organized.
Benefits of standing desks
Why are standing desks trending right now? Simply, there was an influx of remote jobs, and people found out the consequences of sitting behind a desk all day. It may be necessary for your job to be behind a computer. But, it’s beneficial to be standing for at least 30 minutes out of each hour that you’re behind the computer.
Sitting all day increases your risk for so many things on a long-term scale. For example, when sitting all the time you’re increasing your chances of diabetes, heart disease, back pain, and obesity.
Now on the other side of the spectrum, if you’re standing for the majority of your day, you’re decreasing all those risks. Chances are your life span will increase, your productivity will get a boost, and all those health risks are now going down.
Focusing on the smaller things, in general, you’ll be in a better mood and your energy levels will increase. Although I’m saying your general health will increase, that doesn't mean I’m telling you to stand all day. Try to stand half the time and sit the other half. Whatever is comfortable for you. (3)
How tall is tall?
In today’s society, if you are above 6 feet, you’re landing in the “tall” category. Although our height is important, the measurement that's imperative to get right is the counter height. Or the height of your elbow to the forearm when standing straight up with your arms bent at a 90-degree angle.
It can be hard to calculate the exact desk height you need, so I’ve included this chart below.
|Height (in inches)||Height (in cm)||Ideal Standing Desk Height (in inches)||Ideal Seated Desk Height (in inches)||Ideal Standing Desk Height (in cm)||Ideal Seated Desk Height (in cm)|
The different types of standing desks
Overall, we can categorize five different types of stand-up desks.
Adjustable standing desks: These desks have a work surface that can be easily adjusted to different heights, allowing the user to switch between sitting and standing positions as desired.
Standing desk converters: These desks can be used as both standing and sitting desks, as they have a work surface that can be easily adjusted to different heights. Convertible standing desks may be manual or electric and can be a good option for individuals who want the flexibility to switch between sitting and standing positions.
Fixed height standing desks: These desks have a fixed height and cannot be adjusted. These desks are designed to be used exclusively as standing desks and do not have the option to be adjusted to a sitting position.
Manual standing desks: These desks use a hand crank to adjust the height of the work surface. They are a manual alternative to electric standing desks and may be a good option for individuals who prefer a more traditional approach to desk adjustment.
Pneumatic standing desks: Pneumatic standing desks are a type of adjustable standing desk that use a pneumatic cylinder to adjust the height of the work surface. These desks typically have a lever or button that the user can press to raise or lower the work surface to the desired height.
We'll get into more detail and talk more about each type and provide recommendations below.
Adjustable standing desks
An adjustable standing desk is a great option for tall people. It allows you to adjust the height of the desk to fit your needs by allowing you to change the height of the work surface, enabling you to work while standing or sitting.
Adjustable standing desks can also be helpful for people who are looking to increase their physical activity during the workday or who simply prefer to work while standing. Some adjustable standing desks even come with features such as treadmill desks or bike desks, allowing the user to exercise while they work. Adjustable standing desks deliver a ton of value for the investment for people looking to stand up and improve their health and well-being while working.
Pros of adjustable standing desks:
- Improved posture: Standing desks can help tall individuals maintain good posture while working, as they are less likely to slouch or hunch over their work surface. This can help to reduce the risk of developing musculoskeletal problems, like back pain.
- Increased circulation: Standing desks can also promote better circulation in tall people, as standing encourages blood flow and helps to reduce the risk of developing conditions such as varicose veins.
- Greater flexibility: Adjustable standing desks allow tall individuals to adjust the height of the work surface to their specific needs, ensuring that they are comfortable while working. This can help to reduce fatigue and improve productivity.
Cons of adjustable standing desks:
- Initial cost: Adjustable standing desks can be more expensive than traditional desks, which may be a barrier for some individuals.
- Limited storage space: Standing desks may not have as much storage space as traditional desks, which could be a concern for tall individuals who need extra room for their belongings.
- Transitioning challenges: Moving from a sitting to a standing desk can be challenging for some tall individuals, as it requires them to adjust to a new work environment. This may involve getting used to a new workstation setup and finding a comfortable standing position.
- Risk of muscle fatigue: Standing for long periods of time can lead to muscle fatigue in the legs, feet, and back, which could be a concern for tall individuals who are not used to standing for extended periods. It is important for tall individuals to take breaks and stretch regularly when using a standing desk to prevent muscle fatigue.
Here are the recommended adjustable standing desks for tall people:
Why Trust Home Office Hacks
The recommendations and evaluations made on Home Office Hacks are based on hands-on testing, expert input, extensive research on ratings from actual buyers, and most importantly our own experience. We strive to deliver genuine, accurate, and authentic recommendations to help you select the best option for your situation.
Uplift V2 Standing Desk
The Uplift V2 Standing Desk, specifically the commercial version, is my top choice for tall people thanks to its impressive height range and features.
The V2 is available with two different frames: the standard V2 and the Uplift V2 Commercial standing desk frame, which is suitable for individuals up to 6'10. This desk features an astounding 48 patent-pending mounting points, allowing you to easily expand its functionality and utility with a wide variety of adjustable standing desk accessories.
In terms of stability, the Uplift V2 Standing Desk has stability braces, inverted leg orientation, and 3-stage legs to ensure it stays sturdy at all heights. It also has a lifting capacity of 355 pounds and can be customized with a wide desktop ranging from 40 inches to 80 inches, making it a great choice for dual monitor setups.
The desk's height can be easily adjusted using its advanced keypad, which allows you to program various heights, lock your keypad, set maximum and minimum heights, and more.
The Uplift V2 Standing desk frame is available in four finishes - white, gray, black, and metallic - and this particular version we're talking about here has a natural, high-quality, 1-inch thick solid bamboo desktop that's both attractive and environmentally friendly.
However, it's not just limited to bamboo or 1 inch tops - there is a huge selection of tops available:
- Butcher block
- White, black & ash laminate
- Whiteboard laminate
- and more!
For some of the other varieties, you can get a 1.5 inch or 1.75 inch thick top.
In addition to its impressive features and extensive customization options, the Uplift V2 Standing Desk also comes with an industry-leading 15-year, all-inclusive warranty against damage or defects. It also has additional improved safety features to prevent accidents. Overall, the Uplift V2 Standing Desk is the cream of the crop and a durable and customizable option that's suitable for everyone, even our tall friends who need that extended range.
Quick facts: Uplift V2 Standing Desk
- Chosen "Best Standing Desk" by Wirecutter from 2019-2022"
- Natural, high-quality, 1"-thick solid bamboo desktop is sturdy, attractive, environmentally friendly, and includes two wire management covers
- 355-lb lifting capacity with 3-stage legs; dual motors for faster, quieter, and smoother movement than other desks; frame includes a wire management tray
ApexDesk AX Elite Series Standing Desk
The Apex Desk Elite Series standing desk is another high-quality desk for your office.
Its European design and engineering make it an appropriately high-end premium option with some really amazing features.
The desk has a solid one-piece top that's 1 inch thick and measures 71 inches wide and 33 inches deep. It's one of the largest standing desks on the market and can hold up to 3 computer monitors, making it suitable for a variety of home office setups.
With 8 different color options, this laminated MDF top gives you the freedom to select the perfect style and color to fit perfectly in your home office. The beveled edges make for a subtle but stylish look, and there is a 12.75-inch space on the back of the midsection which is designed to fit devices that use shorter C-clamps. A great feature of the top is that it comes with metal anchors pre-installed, making installation a breeze.
The ApexDesk AX Elite Series Standing Desk has a powerful dual motor lift system that can move anywhere between 30 inches and 49 inches at a fast speed of 1.5 inches per second. It has a load capacity of 235 pounds and a digital controller with four programmable presets, allowing users to easily adjust the desk to their preferred height. The crossbar is fixed, and the legs are secured with locking levers, making the desk stable and sturdy. Most users can assemble the desk in 45 minutes, and it does not need to be taken apart if the control box or a leg needs to be replaced.
In addition to its high-quality design and functionality, the ApexDesk AX Elite Series Standing Desk also comes with a full-size cable management tray, which is originally sold separately. Measuring 35.5 inches by 5.5 inches, the tray is large enough to hide all the cables that come with the desk and has space for one 12-outlet power strip and a few power adapters. This helps to keep cables organized and out of sight, creating a clean and professional workspace. Matching 47-inch side desks, available in white, black, light oak, and red apple, can be purchased separately to provide additional workspace.
Quick facts: ApexDesk AX Elite Series Standing Desk
- Rated best overall 2021 by cnn underscored – Debuted in 2015 and for six years running, the Elite Series has been the favorite of reviewers and users. Many improvements have been made over the years. The desk has become more stable, quieter. We’ve updated packaging to reduce shipping damages to a minimum. Replacement parts are shipped within 24hrs from Los Angeles if shipping damage occurs. The desk ships in three packages and may arrive 1 to 2 days apart.
- Huge work surface – One-piece solid 1” thick top. At 71” wide and 33” deep (27.6” at mid-section), it can hold up to three screens and is one of the largest standing desks in the market. The top is made of laminated MDF with 8 colors to choose. For a sophisticated look, the edges are beveled except 12.75” of mid-section on the back so devices with shorter C-Clamp can be mounted. The top comes with preinstalled metal anchors for easy installation & can be reinstalled any time.
Ergotron WorkFit-D Sit-Stand Desk
The Ergotron WorkFit-D standing desk is an excellent choice for people who prefer simple design. It's the perfect fit for those who are looking for an electric-adjustable standing desk that can be easily adjusted to a standing or sitting position and it's perfect for tall people.
With the ability to raise the desk up to 50.5 inches, it is suitable for people up to 6'10" tall. One thing to keep in mind is that it doesn't have the weight capacity of some of the other desks we've discussed here with a relatively low weight capacity of only 165 pounds. Despite this, the desktop provides plenty of workspace, with an 80-inch length and 47 inches of depth.
This desk also offers the option to upgrade and install several different accessories, and is pre-drilled for a keyboard tray, mouse holder, and monitor mount.
The WorkFit-D is designed to meet North American and European ergonomic standards and features a super sturdy construction that can support multiple displays, devices and other desktop tools & resources. It also has four metal glides for stable footing along with a 5-year warranty.
Quick facts: Ergotron WorkFit-D Sit-Stand Desk
- This work style encourages healthy movement throughout the day.
- Safe and easy to use
- Designed to meet North American and European ergonomic standards
Fully Jarvis Bamboo Top Standing Desk
The Fully Jarvis Bamboo Top standing desk is a stylish and eco-friendly choice for those looking to switch to a sit-stand workstation. This top on this desk is made from sustainable bamboo, which is not only beautiful to look at but also durable and easy to clean thanks to its UV-coating.
It comes in three sizes (48, 60, or 72 inches) to suit your needs, and has a height range of 25.5" to 50.7", making it suitable for people ranging in height from 5'4" to 7'.
One of the most impressive aspects of the Fully Jarvis is its robust steel frame and two electric motors, which can accommodate up to 350 pounds and quickly adjust the desk's height at a low decibel rate of 1.5" per second. With a 15-year warranty on all parts and a 5-year warranty on all electronics, you can be sure of your desk's quality when you make this purchase.
In addition to its practicality, the Fully Jarvis offers a range of customization options, including various colors for the base and top, and the option for a rectangular or contour-shaped desktop. You can also add on accessories such as monitor arms, wire management solutions, and standing mats to fully optimize your workspace.
Safety is also a top priority with the Fully Jarvis, which includes anti-collision technology to protect against accidental impact, as well as screw-in leveling to ensure stability. And with its hidden hardware and wide bottom lifting column, the desk maintains both side-to-side and front-to-back stability.
The Fully Jarvis Bamboo Top standing desk is a wildly popular, exceptionally made, adjustable standing desk that will serve you well for years to come.
Quick facts: Fully Jarvis Bamboo Top Standing Desk
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE: Award winning sit stand adjustable desk frame easily adjusts from 25.5" to 50.7" (including desktop) with 350 lb lifting capacity, fits people 5'4" to 7' tall
- PROGRAMMABLE, FAST, QUIET, ELECTRIC LIFT: Easy to read handset with 4 customizable memory presets for quick 1.5" per second height adjustment with industry leading warranty.
SHW Height Adjustable Standing Desk
The SHW Height Adjustable Standing Desk is a budget-friendly option for those looking to add an adjustable desk to your home office or workspace. It offers a wide range of features that make it a convenient and practical choice, including a digital display handset with four memory preset options for easy height adjustment, and an electric lift system that allows for fully motorized height adjustment from 28 to 45 inches.
In addition to its adjustable height, the SHW Height Adjustable Standing Desk also includes a grommet on the desktop surface so you can organize cords and de-clutter your desktop. This can be a huge help for those you who have a lot of electronic devices and their accompanying cables, because it will enable to keep your desk clean and organized.
This desk measures 47.25 inches long, 24 inches wide, and is adjustable from 28 to 45 inches in height. It's a rectangular desk that's suitable for use as a computer desk and comes in a light cherry color.
The legs and base are made of alloy steel. It also includes a cable management tray and headphone hooks, making it a practical and convenient choice for any workspace. Whether you need a desk for work, school, or other purposes, the SHW Height Adjustable Standing Desk is a budget-friendly option that offers a range of features to help you work comfortably and efficiently.
Standing Desk Converters
Standing desk converters are a type of desk accessory that allows individuals to convert their existing traditional desk into a standing desk by simply placing the converter on top of the desktop surface, on top of which you can place all your work tools, that you can then raise to a standing position. These converters are a convenient and cost-effective option for tall people who want to try out standing while working but may not be ready (or not able) to invest in a full standing desk.
Standing desk converters can be easily adjusted to the desired height and allow tall people to switch between sitting and standing positions easily. They may not provide as much workspace or stability as full standing desks and may not offer the same level of customization or quality.
Pros of standing desk converters:
- Cost-effective: Standing desk converters are typically less expensive than full standing desks, making them a more affordable option those who want to try out standing while working.
- Easy to use: Standing desk converters are easy to set up and use, as they simply sit on top of an existing desk and can be easily adjusted to the desired height.
Flexibility: Standing desk converters make it easy for tall people to switch between sitting and standing positions, allowing them to find the position that is best suited to their preferences.
- Portability: Standing desk converters are reasonably lightweight, in comparison to a regular desk, and easy to move, making them a lot more convenient to move than an entire desk
Cons of standing desk converters:
- Limited workspace: Standing desk converters may not provide as much workspace as full standing desks, which could be a concern for those who need a lot room for their belongings or who work with large documents or screens.
- Stability: Standing desk converters may not be as stable as full standing desks, which could be a concern for those who are concerned movement like wobbling or sway while using the converter.
- Limited customization: Standing desk converters may not offer the same level of customization as full standing desks, which could be a disadvantage for those who have specific ergonomic needs.
- Longevity: Standing desk converters don't provide the same experience as full standing desks, and someone who's looking for the full experience may find the converter lacking.
Varidesk Tall Standing Desk Converter
The Varidesk Tall is a reliable and robust standing desk created with taller people in mind. At a maximum height of 50.5 inches, this standing desk is one of the tallest available on the market. The desktop size is spacious enough for all of your work needs, and with its adjustable height, you can adjust it to the right level that works for you.
A great advantage of the Varidesk Tall is that it's relatively affordable compared to other more expensive converters. With the impressive load capacity of up to 45 pounds (for a desk converter), you can put all your work essentials on your desk without worrying about it failing under too much weight. With its ability to smoothly transition from sitting to standing, it makes alternating between seated and standing positions throughout the day easy as possible.
The steel frame is extremely strong and reliable, and it has plenty of room to store all your work-related items.
The Varidesk Tall is a great option for tall users who are looking for a standing desk that's both comfortable and functional. It's a little bit extra in terms of cost, but the high-quality materials and key features make it worth the investment if you're looking for a standing desk converter for your home office.
Quick facts: Varidesk Tall Standing Desk Converter
- Ships fully assembled
- Two-tier design with upper display surface and lower keyboard/mouse deck
- Weighted base for stability
- Rowing lift for minimal impact on your back
- 40" wide
Versadesk Power Pro Standing Desk Converter
The Versadesk Power Pro is a standing desk converter that offers some fantastic features that are great for tall users. With a maximum height of 20 inches and a weight capacity of up to 80 pounds, this desk converter can accommodate a wide range of heights and work tools, like multiple computer monitors.
The push-button controls and easy to use smartphone app allow for smooth and easy adjustments, while the control panel offers 3 memory settings and a USB charging plug for added convenience.
One of the great things about the Versadesk Power Pro is the variety of finishes and sizes available. It comes in black, white, gray, maple, and cherry finish, and has widths of 36 inches, 40 inches, and 48 inches to fit your needs. The desk converter is also American-made and comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty.
Quick facts: Versadesk Power Pro Standing Desk Converter
VersaDesk’s PowerPro electric standing desk converter with keyboard tray features whisper-quiet, smooth and rapid button control height adjustment with powerful built-in motor. Our professional-grade laminate work surfaces and powder-coated steel frames are all made in our Los Angeles factory, ensuring this sit to stand desk riser is built to last.
TechOrbits Standing Desk Converter
The TechOrbits Standing Desk Converter is a budget-friendly option that allows you to easily transition from sitting to standing in seconds. Simply squeeze the handles and lift to adjust the desk to a comfortable height that supports good posture.
This adjustable standing desk riser comes unassembled, but includes easy-to-follow instructions for a hassle-free setup. At 32" wide, it has plenty of room for your computer or laptop, dual monitor display, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and other office supplies. The top tier can hold up to 33lbs, while the lower tier can hold up to 4lbs.
Made from quality MDF wood, this 2-tier desk converter is strong and durable giving you the ability to alternate between sitting and standing in a comfortable and ergonomic workspace.
Quick facts: TechOrbits Standing Desk Converter
- The Rise-X Pro desktop riser allows you to go from sitting to standing in seconds. Squeeze the handles and lift to raise the height to a level that best supports your comfort and posture.
- SETUP - This adjustable standing desk riser comes unassembled with everything you need, including easy-to-follow instructions for putting together a workstation without the hassle.
- LARGE - At 32" wide, our stand up desk riser in black has room for your computer or laptop, dual monitor display, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and other office supplies.
Fixed height standing desks
A fixed height standing desk, also known as a static height standing desk, is a type of desk that has a fixed work surface height and cannot be adjusted. These desks are designed to be used exclusively as standing desks and do not have the option to be used as sitting desks.
These desks are a good option for individuals who prefer to work while standing and do not need the flexibility to switch between sitting and standing positions.
One potential benefit of fixed height standing desks is that they may be more stable and sturdy than adjustable standing desks, as they do not have moving parts that can wear out over time.
However, fixed height standing desks may not be as versatile as adjustable standing desks and may not be suitable for individuals who need to adjust the height of their work surface for ergonomic reasons. Overall, fixed height standing desks can be a good option for individuals who prefer to work while standing and do not need the flexibility to switch between sitting and standing positions.
Pros of fixed height standing desks:
- Improved posture: Tall people are more prone to hunching over or slouching while seated, but standing desks can help them keep the right posture while they work. Doing so can lower the chance of developing musculoskeletal issues, for instance back pain.
- Increased circulation: Standing desks can also help improve circulation in taller individuals, as standing induces blood flow and lowers the risk of issues such as varicose veins.
Sturdy and stable: Fixed height standing desks are generally considered to be more stable and sturdy than adjustable standing desks, as they do not have moving parts that can wear out over time. This can be a benefit for tall individuals who are concerned about the stability of their desk.
- Cheaper than an adjustable desk: Fixed height standing desks are generally cheaper than adjustable standing desks, as they do not require the same expensive features or level of engineering and manufacturing.
Cons of fixed height standing desks:
- Limited adjustability: Fixed height standing desks do not have the option to be adjusted to different heights, which may not be suitable for tall individuals who have specific ergonomic needs or who want the flexibility to switch between sitting and standing positions.
- Risk of muscle fatigue: Prolonged standing can cause muscle aches in the legs, feet, and back which may be of particular concern for those who are already tall and unaccustomed to standing for long periods. To avoid muscle fatigue when using a standing desk, it's important for tall people to take regular breaks and stretch.
Limited customization: Fixed height standing desks may not offer the same level of customization as adjustable standing desks, which could be a disadvantage for tall individuals who have specific ergonomic needs.
- Initial cost: Fixed height standing desks may be more expensive than traditional desks, which may be a barrier for some individuals.
Boden Fixed-Height Standing Desk
The Boden Fixed-Height Standing Desk is a high-quality desk with a minimalist design that focuses on craftsmanship and stability. The sturdy frame features integrated wire management and powder coated steel legs with adjustable glides, and the laminate top is both beautiful and strong. The top is also made with a minimum of 84% recycled wood fiber particle board and is GREENGUARD Gold Certified and meets the Eco-Certified Composite (ECC) Standard.
The standing desk height of 40.8" makes it compatible with a number of active sitting options, such as ergonomic saddle chairs and standing desk stools. The desk also has a max weight capacity of 450 lbs, including the weight of the top.
If durability is a concern for you, then you can set your mind at ease because the Boden desk comes with a 15 year warranty on all frame components and a 5 year warranty on desktop surfaces.
Overall, the Boden Fixed-Height Standing Desk is a great choice for those looking for a high-quality desk with a minimalist design and a focus on sustainability. It's a solid investment for anyone looking to improve their ergonomic setup at work.
Quick facts: Boden Fixed-Height Standing Desk
Boden is a fixed-height desk with a minimalist design focused on craftsmanship and stability. The sturdy frame features integrated wire management and powder coated steel legs with adjustable glides. And the high-quality tops are both home-beautiful and commercial-strong. While Fully is known for its adjustable-height desks, there are lots of ways to create energy and movement throughout the workday with a fixed-height desk as well. Boden is built to pair perfectly with a number of active sitting options—from ergonomic saddle chairs like Capisco and ILOA to standing desk stools like Luna. Paired with our eco-friendly laminate desktop, this top is as beautiful as it is strong and is compatible with a host of ergonomic accessories.
Standup Desk Store Mobile Fixed-Height Standing Desk
The Stand Up Desk Store Mobile Fixed Height Standing Desk is a beautiful and highly functional desk that offers a range of benefits to users. Its medium size and optional monitor mount make it suitable for both typing and viewing comfort, while the tool-adjustability allows users to set the perfect desk height in 1" increments. The desk also comes with the added mobility of rolling casters, making it easy to move around a multi-functional office space. The sturdy desktop offers plenty of space for a computer and monitor, paperwork, and more.
In terms of durability and quality, the desk features a sturdy steel frame with a durable powder coat finish, as well as robust 3" furniture grade casters with locking brakes. It's also BIFMA certified for safety, comfort, and durability.
Overall, the Stand Up Desk Store Mobile Fixed Height Standing Desk is a great choice for those looking for a fixed height desk for their home office. It's available in two widths (40" and 48") and multiple colors, including a black or walnut veneer top and a silver or black frame. The optional monitor arm has a screen size capacity of up to 24", and offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments as well as a VESA range of 75 x 75 - 100 x 100. The desk has a weight capacity of 154 lbs, and everything needed for assembly is included.
Quick facts: Standup Desk Store Mobile Fixed-Height Standing Desk
The Stand Up Desk Store Mobile Fixed Height Standing Desk with Optional Monitor Mount offers an affordable way to achieve the perfect ergonomic desk setting for typing and viewing comfort. Its medium size gives you room to work without overwhelming your office space, while also delivering the wide array of standing desk benefits that you expect. These include increased focus and calorie burn, helping to counteract the health effects of a sedentary workday. Highlights include easy tool-adjustability to set the perfect desk height in 1" increments. The optional monitor stand can let you further fine-tune your typing and viewing position to help ensure all-day comfort.
Ameriwood Home Coleton Standing Desk
The Ameriwood Home Coleton Standing Desk is a stylish and functional addition to any home office. With a sturdy metal frame and a classic espresso finish on the laminated particleboard desk surface and shelves, this desk has a clean, industrial look that will match any decor.
The desk stands at 42” tall, giving users the option to stand while working or pull up a tall chair for a break. It also features three open shelves angled to create an A-frame look, which are perfect for storing books, notepads, and paper. The desk surface has a weight capacity of 80 lbs, while the top, middle, and bottom shelves can hold 15 lbs, 20 lbs, and 30 lbs respectively.
The Coleton Standing Desk requires assembly, and two adults are recommended to do the work. Once assembled, the desk measures 42”H x 42”W x 25.2”D, making it a great size for most home offices.
Quick facts: Ameriwood Home Coleton Standing Desk
- Finish your project from a Standing position with the Ameriwood Home coleton Standing desk
- The Sturdy metal frame and Classic Espresso Finish on the laminated particleboard desk surface and shelves give a lasting clean look that matches any Décor
- Keep your work organized with a large work surface.The desk features 3 open shelves angled to create an a-frame look
- The desk stands at 42” tall giving you the option to stand while working or pull up a tall chair
Manual standing desks
A manual adjustable standing desk is a type of standing desk that allows the user to adjust the height of the work surface manually, using a hand crank or other manual mechanism. Manual adjustable standing desks can be easily adjusted to the desired height and allow the user to switch between sitting and standing positions as needed.
However, manual adjustable standing desks may require more effort to adjust than electric standing desks, as they rely on the user to manually lift the desk up or down via a crank or other mechanism.
It's also vital for users of manual adjustable standing desks to ensure that the desk is properly adjusted and locked into place to prevent accidents or injuries. Manual adjustable standing desks can be a good option for individuals who don't want the expense of an electric standing desk adjustment but still want a standing desk that's easy to use and adjust.
Pros of manual adjustable standing desks:
- No need for electricity: Manual adjustable standing desks do not require electricity to operate, making them a good option for individuals who want to use a standing desk in a location where electricity is not available or who want to reduce their reliance on electricity.
- Simple to use: Manual adjustable standing desks are easy to use. They can be adjusted simply by turning the hand crank or lever to raise or lower the work surface to the desired height.
- Cost-effective: Manual adjustable standing desks may be less expensive than electric standing desks, making them a more affordable option for tall individuals who want to try out standing while working.
- Noiseless operation: Manual adjustable standing desks do not make any noise when being adjusted, making them a good option for individuals who are sensitive to noise or who work in a shared space.
Cons of manual adjustable standing desks:
- Requires effort to adjust: Manual adjustable standing desks require the user to crank the desk up or down to adjust the height, which may be more tiring or time-consuming than using an electric standing desk. This could be a concern for individuals who have physical limitations or who prefer a desk that's easy to adjust.
- Limited customization: Manual adjustable standing desks may not offer the same level of customization as electric standing desks, which could be a disadvantage for individuals who have specific ergonomic needs.
- Limited stability: Manual adjustable standing desks may not be as stable as electric standing desks, which could be a concern for individuals who are concerned about their safety while using the desk.
Stand Steady Tranzendesk Standing Desk with Clamp On Shelf
The Stand Steady Tranzendesk Standing Desk is the perfect solution if you don't have an outlet nearby, but still want the benefits of an adjustable standing desk. It's 55” tall and can adjust up to 46”, making it suitable for anyone up to 6’4” tall. The desk has nine square feet of desktop space, as well as a bonus shelf, providing plenty of room for monitors, laptops, keyboards, and accessories. Its minimalist silver frame and black top give it a modern and high-end feel, and its leveling feet and strong steel base ensure a stable and steady workspace. The desk also has an ergonomic monitor stand with a sturdy 55” desk shelf that can support up to three monitors and can be adjusted to extend outward or inward over the desk.
Quick facts: Stand Steady Tranzendesk Standing Desk with Clamp On Shelf
- EASY HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS: Take a stand for your health and say goodbye to the pain and stiffness that comes from sitting all day! This stand-up desk seamlessly transitions from a sitting to standing height with an easy-turn crank, so you can adjust it to your perfect ergonomic height.
- EXTRA TALL AND SPACIOUS: The Tranzendesk is a 55” full size standing desk that can adjust up to 46” – perfect for anyone up to 6’4” tall! With nine square feet of desktop space, (plus a bonus shelf) this desk provides plenty of room for your monitors, laptop, keyboard, accessories, and more!
Unicoo Crank Adjustable Height Standing Desk
The Unicoo Crank Adjustable Height Standing Desk is a versatile and durable option for a home office or study space. It easily adjusts from a sitting to a standing position with a smooth crank adjustment from 29.5" to 45.2". The crank can be installed on either the left or right side of the desk, depending on the user's habits.
The frame of the Unicoo desk is made of durable steel and has a powder coat paint finish for enhanced quality. The work surface measures 23.6” x 47.3” and is made of MDF with scratch-resistant laminate.
Quick facts: Unicoo Crank Adjustable Height Standing Desk
- STABLE AND SEAMLESS MOVEMENT: Easily adjusts from sit to standing with a smooth crank adjustment from 29.5" – 45.2".
- INSTALL CRANK EITHER SIDE: Adjusts with a pull-out crank, crank can be installed on the left or right as your habits
- LONG-LASTING DURABILITY: Frame is constructed of durable steel and has a powder coat paint finish for enhanced quality.
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS: Standing desk encourages greater movement throughout your day while helping optimize your cognition, improve focus, enhance collaboration, reduced back and neck pain, increase productivity and boost calorie burn.
The Devaise Adjustable Height Standing Desk
The Devaise Adjustable Height Standing Desk is a budget-friendly option that provides a fantastic ergonomic and adjustable workspace. With an innovative design that promotes better posture and helps reduce back and neck pain, this standing desk can increase productivity and comfort.
The desk is designed with a hand crank on the front of the desktop, allowing users to easily raise and lower the desk to their desired height. The adjustable height range is from 29.5" to 45.5", and the desk can hold a weight capacity of up to 100 lbs.
The Devaise standing desk has a spacious workspace of 47.2" W x 23.6" D, providing plenty of room for two monitors at a comfortable position. The desk is made of a heavy-duty frame that ensures years of use, and it's easy to assemble with the included manual.
Quick facts: The Devaise Adjustable Height Standing Desk
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This innovative adjustable height standing desk promotes better posture, reduce back and neck pain, increase productivity.
- EASY CRANK SYSTEM: Standing desk is designed with a hand crank on the front of desktop. Load up your desk with all of your office essentials and simply turn the crank to raise and lower the desk to your desired height! Adjustable height from 29.5" to 45.5".
- SPACIOUS WORKSPACE: 47.2" W x 23.6" D standing computer desk provides large area for 2 monitors at a comfortable position.
Pneumatic standing desks
Pneumatic adjustable standing desks are a type of standing desk that use a pneumatic cylinder to adjust the height of the work surface. These desks are characterized by their ease of use, as they typically have a lever or button that the user can press to raise or lower the desk to the desired height.
Pneumatic adjustable standing desks are generally considered to be more user-friendly than desks that use a hand crank to adjust the height, as they allow the user to easily adjust the desk with minimal effort.
Pneumatic adjustable standing desks may be electric or manual and may have additional features such as built-in treadmill desks or bike desks. Overall, pneumatic adjustable standing desks are a convenient and user-friendly option for individuals who want an adjustable standing desk that's easy to use and allows them to easily switch between sitting and standing positions.
Pros of pneumatic adjustable standing desks:
- Easy to adjust: Pneumatic adjustable standing desks are easy to adjust, as they typically have a lever or button that the user can press to raise or lower the desk to the desired height. This can be a benefit for tall individuals who have specific ergonomic needs or who want to easily switch between sitting and standing positions.
- Sturdy and stable: Pneumatic adjustable standing desks are generally considered to be more stable and sturdy than desks that use a hand crank to adjust the height, as they do not have moving parts that can wear out over time. This can be a benefit for tall individuals who are concerned about the stability of their desk.
- No need for manual effort: Pneumatic adjustable standing desks do not require the user to crank the desk up or down to adjust the height, which may be more tiring or time-consuming than using a manual standing desk. This could be a benefit for tall individuals who have physical limitations or who prefer a desk that's easy to adjust.
Cons of pneumatic adjustable standing desks:
- Limited customization: Pneumatic adjustable standing desks may not offer the same level of customization as electric standing desks, which could be a disadvantage for taller people who may have specific ergonomic needs.
- Limited weight capacity: Some pneumatic adjustable standing desks may have a lower weight capacity than other types of standing desks, which could be a disadvantage for those who need a desk that can support a lot of weight.
- Limited stability: Pneumatic adjustable standing desks may not be as stable as other electric standing desks due to the way they're constructed, which could be a concern for tall individuals who are concerned about their safety while using the desk.
- Possible replacement issues with pneumatic cylinders: Some pneumatic adjustable standing desks may require cylinder replacement in time, as the pneumatic cylinder is a critical component that's responsible for raising and lowering the work surface. This can be a burden for individuals who do not have the time or expertise to replace the cylinder or who do not have access to replacement parts.
Realspace Magellan Pneumatic Height-Adjustable Standing Desk
The Realspace Magellan Pneumatic Height-Adjustable Standing Desk is an excellent choice a non-electric standing desk that uses pneumatics to adjust the height which means there is one less cord to worry about on a desk already loaded with cords, cables, monitors, etc.
Assembling the desk is straightforward, with clear and easy-to-follow instructions. It's best to have two people assemble the desk due to its size and weight, but the pneumatic component comes pre-assembled and encased in a metal cover, making it easy to set up even for those without engineering expertise.
The Realspace Magellan desk is made of durable materials and has a sleek espresso finish. It's extremely sturdy and the height adjusts easily and stays in the desired position. This makes it a great choice for those looking to improve their ergonomic setup and reduce neck and back pain. The desk has a spacious desktop of 60"D x 30"W and can hold more than 100 pounds, making it perfect for a variety of work tasks. It also has a convenient spot on the back edge for adding a clamped mounting bracket to hold two monitors.
Quick facts: Realspace Magellan Pneumatic Height-Adjustable Standing Desk
Stand Up Desk Store's Pneumatic Adjustable Height Standing Desk
The Stand Up Desk Store's Pneumatic Adjustable Height Standing Desk is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable, adjustable standing desk at an affordable price. With its simple lever-activated pneumatic air cylinder, it's easy to alter the height of the desk anywhere between 27.5" and 44.5" in just a few seconds, making it convenient to switch between sitting and standing throughout the day. The desk is available in two widths - a 48" model that's perfect for smaller work areas, and a 56" version that offers a wider work surface for those who need a little more space.
The desk is sturdy and able to support up to 35 pounds of weight, so you can easily fit your computer and dual monitors, paperwork, and other essentials on it. It's available in three attractive color options - black frame with a teak top, black frame with a matte black top, or white frame with a birch top - so you can choose the one that best matches your office decor. The desk is also BIFMA certified, which means it's been tested for safety, comfort, and durability.
Quick facts: Stand Up Desk Store's Pneumatic Adjustable Height Standing Desk
- Fast and easy pneumatic height adjustment
- 17" height adjustment range
- Available in two widths and multiple attractive colors
Tangkula Mobile Standing Desk Computer Desk
The Tangkula Mobile Standing Desk Computer Desk is a budget-friendly option that provides excellent value for its price. Its adjustable design allows you to easily switch between sitting and standing throughout the day, helping to relieve fatigue and improve comfort during long workdays. The desk is equipped with dual high-quality gas rods, which allow you to adjust the height within a range of 27.5" to 42".
In addition to its adjustability, the Tangkula Mobile Standing Desk is also designed for convenient mobility. It features four universal casters on the feet, two of which are lockable to keep the desk in place.
The desk is sturdy enough to hold a strong load capacity and is designed with humanized details, including a curved tabletop and smooth, round corners, for increased comfort.
Quick facts: Tangkula Mobile Standing Desk Computer Desk
- 【Ergonomic Adjustable Design】 Equipped with dual high quality gas rods, the computer desk can be adjusted within the range from 27.5” to 42”. Thus, you can lift it up and down to fulfill your sitting or standing requirement. No wonder, such ergonomic design extremely relieves your fatigue throughout a long workday.
- 【Smooth Rolling Casters for Convenient Mobility】 There are 4 universal casters on the feet, intended to help you move the laptop desk from room to room effortlessly. And 2 of caters are lockable, so that you can keep it in position. More, wear-resistant caters can roll on different surface silently, while causing no damage to your floor.