If you could build your dream home office, what would it look like?
For me, it would look at lot like what Justin Tse has done with his home office – it’s simply amazing!
Justin has been working hard for a long time now, even though he’s only 22 years old and has built an amazing level of success in his work, and his home office definitely shows it.
Here’s what I love about Justin’s home office setup.
Real quick before we get too far into this: if you want to get more great ideas for your home office and connect with other home office hackers to make your space the best join my free private Facebook group, Home Office Hacks here.
To say that he’s using pro-level hardware and equipment is an understatement, and as someone who’s a little bit of a tech nerd myself, it was the first thing that really caught my eye.
The monitor he uses for his work is an Apple Pro Display XDR with Retina 6k display, and it’s expensive for a monitor, and it’s Apple, so what did you expect?
Apple 32-inch Pro Display XDR with Retina 6K Display
- 32-inch LCD display with Retina 6K resolution (6016 by 3384 pixels)
- Pro Stand and VESA Mount Adapter sold separately
He does video work though so it makes sense that he’d need something like this, and actually be able to get the most out of a high-end piece of equipment of this nature.
Since he’s using such a powerhouse monitor, it only makes sense that he also uses the newest Mac Pro, which is a rocket ship in terms of computing power.
For someone who does video work, which is so resource-intensive, I don’t know how he could use anything less though.
Desk Setup & Lighting
He’s using an l-shaped adjustable height sit-stand desk from Uplift which, as he mentions in the video, should be pretty standard for anyone working from home these days. Being able to stand or sit is so important to being comfortable while you work.
His lighting is pretty amazing too.
He’s got adjustable Philips Hue Play lights mounted to the back of his monitor which provide some pretty amazing ambient light for his office.
Philips Hue Play White & Color Smart Light, 2 Pack Base kit, Hub Required/Power Supply Included (Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit & Google Home)
- Voice activated: The Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Bar Light can be controlled using your voice when you have Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant enabled (Philips Hue Hub and Smart Home Device required and sold separately), Philips Hue smart lights can also be paired for home automation with your existing Nest products or Samsung SmartThings system
- Limitless possibilities: Enhance your smart home with the Philips Hue Play, The design is aesthetically pleasing and will adapt well with any living room setup, Let you smart light stand on your cabinet to create a pleasant ambiance, mount it on the back of your TV or even lay it flat on the floor to brighten your walls from floor to ceiling
The real game-changer for lighting that he’s using though is the Dyson Lightcycle Morph Desk Lamp.
Dyson Lightcycle Morph Desk Lamp (White/Silver) – Intelligently Tracks Your Local Daylight – International Model
- UK Specification – Compatible with EU, USA, ASIA & Australia
- Input voltage : 100-240 V | Beam angle : 78 ° | R9 : 48 MIN | Frequency : 50/60 hz
The ambient desk light that this thing provides looks amazing.
As with pretty much everything in Justin’s office, it’s super high-end, and not in the budget of most people though, as most Dyson products tend to the expensive side of things.
However, the functionality, craftsmanship, and innovation for this particular light is truly something to behold.
Tons of storage
Justin has his home office set up in his master bedroom suite in his condo and has two closets where he’s got all of his stuff stored out of the way.
He’s got tons of stuff from Ikea too – storage carts, file cabinets, organizers etc.
Want to join others who are creating the most amazing home offices and get more tips, tricks and hacks on how to make your home office the best it can be?
Join my brand new free private Facebook group, Home Office Hacks to connect with other home office hackers to make your space the best!